Welcome to Eastern Area Intergroup
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
PO Box 490551, Everett, MA 02149
Donation to FA EAI
For instructions to make a donation to FA EAI Click here
NEXT EAI MEETING and LOCATION
The next EAI meeting is Sunday, August 9th, 2015 at the VA Hospital, 1400 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, MA. If you are 2+ hours away from Inter group please join Service Group Support, Public Information, or Teens and Twenties Committee meetings via conference call from 9:45am-10:30am EST. Dial-in details are below and at foodaddicts.org/eastern-area-inter group.
FUTURE EAI MEETING DATES
2015: September 13; October 4; November 8; December 13.
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: July, 2015
MEETING HEALTH QUESTION?
Your FA meeting’s Web and Directory Contact is the main resource for keeping your meeting information updated on the FA website using the “Manage your meeting” section of the website. This ensures that your meeting will receive communications from Eastern Area Intergroup and World Service, Inc., with information to help your meeting thrive and grow. If your Web and Directory Contact has any questions about updating meeting information, he or she is encouraged to contact the Office Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Courtney G., Chair: email@example.com
- Come on, come all to “Sharing the Gifts of Recovery” – our annual Service Group Support Weekend – November 7-8, 2015. Online registration opens in August. Topics include sharing our message with the medical community, media outlets, and schools; using the FA book to reach newcomers; conducting local outreaches; and growing meetings in outlying areas. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to share successes or lessons learned in these areas. Location: Holiday Inn Boston-Dedham Hotel & Conference Center in Dedham, MA. Timing: Saturday at 9:30am through lunchtime on Sunday. Financial aid inquiries should go to: email@example.com.
- Please welcome our new meeting: Thursday, Hyde Park, MA. Discontinued meetings: Thursday, Erie, PA, Thursday, Rochester, NY.
- All FA meetings are required to re-register every three years. This involves reviewing and agreeing to the Meeting Requirements and Standards in accordance with the FA bylaws. We are encouraged to do so ASAP and the deadline is September 30, 2015. If your meeting has any questions about this process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The EAI PI Committee suggests that meetings with adequate resources consider donating one FA book per month to a local library, school or doctor’s office. If your meeting has done this, please let us know your experience doing so: email@example.com.
- The next EAI Body meeting will feature sharing on how members use the telephone tool in the modern age – in other words, taking advantage of technology to stay in touch with fellows far and wide. Please join us!
- Future EAI Quarterly Calls on Sundays at 1pm Eastern: October 25, and January 24.
COMMITTEE CONTACT INFORMATON AND REPORTS
Peter H: firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Group Support Committee
If you are more than 2 hours away you can attend our meeting via conference call at 9:45am on Inter group morning: 424-203-8075 then enter 871790#
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings:
Charlotte, NC: 3rd Saturday – Contact: Margaret M., email@example.com
Washington, DC: 2nd Sunday, 10:15AM-11:30AM – Contact: Pam N. firstname.lastname@example.org
Cleveland, OH: 2nd Saturday, 11:30AM-12:15PM – Contact: Cayce F. email@example.com
Rochester, NY: 2nd Saturday, 1245PM-1:30PM – Contact: Margaret H. firstname.lastname@example.org
Ithaca, NY: 4th Saturday of the month 11AM-12PM – Contact: Paula K. email@example.com
Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Sunday, 8:30-9:30am – Contact: Abigail H. firstname.lastname@example.org
Look this month for online registration for the November 7th-8th Service Support Weekend. The theme for the weekend is Sharing the Gifts of Recovery. Topics we plan to cover include sharing our message of recovery with the medical community, media outlets, schools, use of the FA book to reach newcomers, conducting local outreaches, forming local service groups, conducting connection writing sessions in outlying areas, and growing meetings in outlying areas. If you have any successes or lessons learned in these areas that you would like to share please email email@example.com
Financial Aid and Resource
Anita F.: firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial aid is available for the upcoming Service Support Group Weekend. Application requests can be sent to email@example.com.
Mac M: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please welcome our new meeting: Thursday, Hyde Park, MA. Discontinued meetings: Thursday, Erie, PA, Thursday, Rochester, NY.
The FA World Service Board asks all meetings to re-register during the month of August 2015. Re-registration is to be completed by September 30, 2015. This involves reviewing and agreeing to the Meeting Requirements and Standards in accordance with the FA bylaws. If your meeting has any questions about this process or if your WSI contact did not receive an email from FA about re-registering please contact email@example.com
Lynne S: firstname.lastname@example.org
PI Committee recommends that meetings donate 1 FA book per month to a local library, school or doctor’s office. Sub committees will be established to continue to support the Frontier and Health Care Industry, join our committee meeting in person at Inter group Sunday or dial in August 9th 945am.
Meeting dial-in: 605.475.4000 and Access Code 1066681#
Teens and Twenties
Jennifer L: email@example.com
Please feel free to contact Jennifer H. for info and resource direction if you wish to know how to set one up in your area. Meeting dial-in: 605.475.4700 and Access Code 293738#
Reggie M., Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
We ask fellows to utilize the long distance phone list to call our FA fellows on the frontier. It is easy to do and our calls are always welcome! If leaving a message for an FA fellow, leave your name and phone number clearly and distinctly!