Welcome to Eastern Area Intergroup
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
PO Box 490551, Everett, MA 02149
Donation to FA EAI
For instructions to make a donation to FA EAI Click here
NEXT EAI MEETING and LOCATION
The next EAI meeting is Sunday, April 12, 2015 at the VA Hospital, 1400 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, MA. If you are 2+ hours away from Intergroup please join a committee via conference call from 9:45am-10:30am EST. For details, see committee reports below or at foodaddicts.org/eastern-area-intergroup. If EAI is canceled due to bad weather, there will be an outgoing message to that effect by 5:00AM on Intergroup Sunday at 781-438-9700.
FUTURE EAI MEETING DATES
2015: May 3; June 14; July 12; August 9; September 13; October 4; November 8; December 13.
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: March, 2014
MEETING HEALTH QUESTION?
When sharing or reading tools at meetings, do you find yourself stating your name and that you are a food addict on your way to the front of the room, rather than waiting until you are facing the group and can be heard clearly?
Courtney G., Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On Saturday, April 18 at 1045am (after the 9am meeting), the Philadelphia Local Service Group will host a Reach Out/Fellowship day focused on maintaining abstinence at Thomas of Villa nova Parish. 1229 East Lancaster Ave, Bryn Mawr, PA. All are welcome. Out-of-town visitors are encouraged to attend in support our fellowship in the Philadelphia area.
- Welcome to our new meetings (both on Tuesdays) in Pearl River, NY and Willow Spring, NC. Please note a discontinued meeting: Fridays in Glasgow, United Kingdom. The Thursday, Ocean View, DE meeting has been temporarily discontinued and will reopen later this spring.
- At the March EAI Body meeting, the Teens and Twenties Committee will lead us through a mock school outreach, allowing all in attendance to become more familiar with this powerful service opportunity. For those unable to attend – please email email@example.com for support in arranging teens and twenties service in your area.
- Please note the future dates of the EAI Quarterly Call: April 26, June 28, October 25, and January 24. Calls are at 1pm Eastern and last 1 hour. The agenda for the next call will include a report from the Philadelphia Local Service Group Reach Out in April and follow-up discussion about the use of Skype for meeting qualifications.
- FA now has beautiful PI Materials with our new logo for use at outreaches. They are available for purchase at foodaddicts.org. Simply click "Order Items" at top right of the front page (next to “Contact Us”) and follow the directions. The materials include cream colored tablecloths with the FA logo and website as well as several easily retractable banners with the 20 questions, etc. Check it out!
- For your reference, here is a link to statements from WSI regarding Paid Advertisements and Social Media:
- http://www.foodaddicts.org/social-media-and-paid-ads. Also, here is a summary that can be included with the FA book for the librarian to include in any cataloging of the book at the library or online: http://www.foodaddicts.org/order/BK-10.
- Monthly committee meeting dial-in for those 2+ hours away on Intergroup Sundays at 9:45am:
- The 2015 FA-WSI Business Convention is May 29-31.
- Chapter and Region Support — dial 424.203.8075 then enter 871790#
- connection — dial 513.386.0000 then enter Access Code 274894#
- Public Information — dial 605.475.4000 then enter Access Code 1066681#
- Teens and Twenties — dial 605.475.4700 then enter Access Code 293738#
COMMITTEE CONTACT INFORMATON AND REPORTS
Jen N: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chapter and Region Support
Paul B., Chair email@example.com
If you are more than 2 hours away you can attend our meeting via conference call at 9:45am on Intergroup morning: 424-203-8075 then enter 871790#
Monthly Regional Service Meetings:
Charlotte, NC: 3rd Saturday – Contact: Margaret M. firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington, DC: 2nd Sunday, 10:15AM-11:30AM – Contact: Pam N. email@example.com
Cleveland, OH: 2nd Saturday, 11:30AM-12:15PM – Contact: Cayce F. firstname.lastname@example.org
Rochester, NY: 1st Saturday, 1PM-1:45PM – Contact: Margaret H. email@example.com
Ithaca, NY: 4th Saturday of the month 11AM-12PM – Contact: Paula K. firstname.lastname@example.org
Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Sunday, 8:30-9:30am – Contact: Abigail H. email@example.com
Gabe E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us if you are interested in hosting a connection writing session in your area. Meeting dial-in: 513-386-0000 and Access Code 274894#
Financial Aid and Resource
Kim B., Chair: email@example.com
Looking for a 12 Step Committee Service Funding Applications? Email us and we’ll send it your way.
Mari L., Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to our new meeting: Tuesday, Pearl River, NY and Tuesday, Willow Spring, NC. Please note a discontinued meeting: Friday, Glasgow, United Kingdom. Thursday, Ocean View, DE meeting has been temporarily discontinued and will reopen later this spring.
Download your local meeting directory for printing at foodaddicts.org/eastern-area-intergroup. Scroll over the “Office” tab and select “EAI Meeting Directory & Trifolds.”
Theresa H: email@example.com
Have you read the pamphlet online entitled “So You’re a PI Rep, Now What?” To find it go to http://www.foodaddicts.org/members/PI-rep-info and click on the relevant link. Let us know what you think! Also, please tell us about how you have reached out to your Health Care Professional and what kind of response you have received.
Meeting dial-in: 605.475.4000 and Access Code 1066681#
Carol C: firstname.lastname@example.org
Patty R: email@example.com
Teens and Twenties
Jennifer L: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are gearing up for a great spring of outreaches at local High School classes starting in late March. Please feel free to contact Jennifer H. for info and resource direction if you wish to know how to set one up in your area
Meeting dial-in: 605.475.4700 and Access Code 293738
Reggie M., Chair: email@example.com
Please join other FA fellows on the EAI Quarterly call April 26th, 2015 @1pm EST. The dial in number is 712-432-1500, code 288741#. Find an FA meeting that needs support and make a commitment to attend the meeting. That way both you and that meeting will grow!
For further information on 12 Step activities contact the 12 Step Chair at